May is Stroke awareness month, here is a quick list of signs and symptoms to be on the lookout for, that might indicate that you should act immediately:
1. Sudden numbness or weakness on one side of the body, often in the face, arm or leg.
2. Sudden confusion or trouble speaking or understanding speech.
3. Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes.
4. Sudden dizziness, loss of balance or coordination, or trouble walking.
5. Sudden severe headache with no known cause.
If someone is experiencing any of these symptoms it is important to act quickly and seek emergency services. Every second counts and can prevent or limit long-term damage to the brain and improve chances for successful recovery.
Medicare coverage, with additional insurance, will limit what you would pay for an ER care visit. If you aren’t sure how well you are covered or where to go for urgent care or emergency services, I can help you understand your coverage. Coverage reviews are always free of charge. Have you been meaning to review or update your life or final expense insurance? Now is always the best time to take care of it, call me today!