Offered by iGo Realty
One of the great things about living in Colorado is that despite the fact that it is March, there will be days when we can open our doors and windows and let a little fresh air into our homes. Fresh air is a great idea because Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) studies have shown that levels of air pollutants indoors may be anywhere from 2 to 5 times greater than outdoors, and in some cases more than 100 times greater. With more time spent indoors these days, here are simple suggestions to make your home a healthier place to be:
- Get fresh air circulating as often as possible by opening windows and doors, even for just a few minutes.
- Shoes track in pesticides and other contaminates, so wipe them off , or better yet, take them off when entering the house.
- Replace or clean furnace and air fi lters at least every two months. Use a “high efficiency particulate filter” also know as HEPA.
- Use ventilating fans over the stove and in the bathrooms.
- If you must smoke, don’t smoke indoors.
- Keep ventilating fans clean.
- Look for safe cleaning products: those without the signal words of danger, warning or caution.
- Frequently vacuum carpets and upholstery, wash linens weekly, and dust regularly to keep “dust mites” to a minimum.
Click here to view i Go Realty on The Brighton Buzz Business Directory