Offered by Scott and Laura Nordby, Berkshire Hathaway
The real estate market tends to heat up a little in the autumn. Families have returned from summer vacations. Kids have returned to school. The holidays are still a little way off, so we have about two and a half months of normalcy, which is a great time to sell a home.
Here are 5 tips to attract a buyer for your home this autumn:
- Clean up the yard – Regularly rake up the leaves as they fall off your trees. Cut back tree limbs and bushes. Remove dead flowers and vegetation. Keep watering your grass and trimming it to keep the yard looking neat and tidy.
- Create Curb Appeal – Get some autumn flowers in planters to add some color to your front steps and porch. Marigolds and mums tend to bloom longer than other flowers, and have complimentary autumn colors like orange, yellow, and red. Accent with pumpkins and other types of squash.
- HVAC Maintenance – Have the HVAC system checked before you need to turn on the heat. If you discover problems with your furnace, it’s better to fix them before your home goes on the market.
- Utilize Autumn Accent Colors – Accessorize your sofa and chairs with red, orange and yellow throw pillows. Toss a quilt or autumn-colored throw over the arm of a chair. Gather bold colored accent pieces in each room. Adding pops of color will emphasize the feeling of home inside.
- Turn on the Lights Everywhere – Above all, bring in the light. When days get shorter, the sun sets lower in the horizon and casts wider shadows. Pull up the blinds, open the shutters, push back the drapes on every window. Turn on every light in the house, including appliance lights and closet lights. Brighten darker rooms with few windows by placing spotlights on the floor behind furniture, and for goodness sakes, turn off the TV.
Working with a real estate professional can help you navigate the ups and downs, answer your questions, and establish realistic expectations, while still ensuring you find what you’re looking for.
If you’re interested in setting up some time to talk with a real estate professional, call 720.371.6733 or visit www.innovativeRE.com.
Click here to view Berkshire Hathaway on The Brighton Buzz Business Directory