Offered by Scott and Laura Nordby, Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices
Colorado weather is notorious for being a bit unpredictable. As a matter of fact, the one thing we can count on is weather that we can’t count on. While the rest of the country begins to thaw and bloom for spring, Colorado’s winter likes to hold on, sometimes surprising us with snow even in the middle of May!
When you’re selling your home, however, it can be challenging to keep up with the changing weather while keeping up with landscaping and curb appeal. These tips should keep you ready for whatever weather comes our way, while also keeping people’s eyes on your home’s best features.
- Sweep it up! Colorado’s winters can range from bitterly cold and snowy to warm and windy. That means a lot of dirt and dust gets kicked around. Keep your porch and walk ways clear of neighborhood garbage, dry weeds, and dirt with regular sweepings.
- A well-manicured lawn looks good when it’s dry. So do your maintenance, when it’s dry. Rake up some of the dead grass so it looks prepped and ready for spring time.
- Trim the trees and bushes. When it’s cold, we tend to overlook the new growth of our trees and bushes. Keep them trimmed and tidy for potential home buyers. The other benefit? Those late spring storms won’t weigh (and potentially break) your branches and bushes with the heavy snow.
- Decorate your porch. Add some pops of color with new seat cushions or even new patio furniture. Rid yourself of any old flower baskets, and avoid using artificial flowers, as the contrast between the lawn and the decorations may lower the buyer’s opinion of your home.
- Be prepared to shovel. The spring storms happen quickly, but don’t let them deter you from buyers coming up the front walk. By shoveling the walkways, sidewalks, and driveway, your buyer will have a chance to walk to the front door safely.
Although the weather is unpredictable, our REALTORS have a firm grasp of what’s happening in the real estate market. If you have questions, or if you’re ready to buy or sell a home, give us a call! We’d be happy to answer any questions and get you moving this spring! Call us today at 720.371.6733
Click here to view Berkshire Hathaway on The Brighton Buzz Business Directory