Posted by & filed under News from our Advertisers.

Offered by: Brian Holley – Farmers Insurance

When you are having remodeling or renovation work done in your home, whether it is something as simple as replacing cabinets or complex as moving load-bearing walls or adding a story onto a residential home or commercial building, you should always consult with your insurance professional beforehand with the specific project details. By doing so in advance, he or she may review your current property policies to be sure you and your home will be properly covered during the renovation.
This is an important point because although a property owner may have a homeowner’s insurance policy or other dwelling policy already in place, renovations may be limited or specifically excluded under those policies! You may need a builders risk policy to be fully ensured in the event of an accident

The story of a home being renovated, and an accidental fire breaking out and destroying the entire renovation, sadly, has happened. Even simple plumbing errors have been linked to ruining entire basement or home renovation projects

It is also important to note, builders risk policies can insure just the renovations, excluding existing structures. When home or property owners purchase builders risk insurance for renovations, they can purchase coverage to complement what they already have protected under permanent homeowners and property policies.

Let us know if we may help you answer some of the common questions so you can confidently ensure your vision is properly protected throughout the course of construction.

Click here to view Farmers Insurance on The Brighton Buzz Business Directory

Farmers Insurance