Offered by: Brian Holley – Farmers Insurance
Many people have questions about their family’s auto insurance and teen drivers. And with good cause:
- According to statistics (gathered by dosomething.org) 33% of deaths among 13 to 19-year-olds in 2010 occurred in motor vehicle crashes.
- 16-year-olds have higher crash rates than drivers of any other age.
- 56% of teens said they talk on the phone while driving.
- Talking on the cell phone can double the likelihood of an accident as well as slow a young driver’s reaction time down to that of a 70-year-old.
- 1 in 5 of 16-year-old drivers has and accident within their first year of driving.
- Crash risk for teens increase incrementally with each mile per hour over the speed limit.
What can be done? One-way Farmers Insurance has tackled this problem with technology. Our new SIGNAL© App not only discourages distracted driving, but also gives parents and guardians the ability to monitor a teen’s driving habits. And Best of all, when used by a teen-driver, the SIGNAL© app can give the family an additional discount of up to 30% off auto insurance premiums! Call to find out how to help protect your family AND get great discounts!
Click here to view Farmers Insurance on The Brighton Buzz Business Directory