Recipe Courtesy of: Paula Deen
Are you looking for that special recipe that will knock the socks off your family and guests this October? This bread is very delicious and has a slight element of healthiness to it… You’ve got to love that zucchini!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Zucchini ribbons, for serving
Total: 1 hr 5 min
Active: 15 min
Yield: 2 loaves
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees F.
- Grease (2) 9 by 5 inch loaf pans.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, spices and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until light and fluffy. Add sugar, and continue beating until well blended. Stir in oil, vanilla, zucchini, pecans, chocolate chips, and orange zest.
- Stir in sifted ingredients.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove loaves from pans and cool. Chill before slicing.
- Serve with whipped cream and ribbons of zucchini.