The City of Brighton will also be hosting its Growing Grads College and Career Readiness series again this Fall. The Growing Grads program is an annual series of evening workshops that provide parents and students local scholarship information and hands-on assistance in completing the FAFSA form. There are two events remaining:
- Tuesday, Nov. 6, 5-7 p.m. at Brighton High School, 270 South 8th Ave.
- Thursday, Jan. 10, 5-7 p.m. at Front Range Community College, 1850 Egbert St.
Dinner will be provided to families who attend these events.
Also, all high school seniors who apply to college and post on Instagram using the hashtag, #BrightonIsGrowingGrads will be entered to win a laptop from the city. The process is simple:
- Take a picture
- Post it (publicly) to Instagram
- Use #BrightonIsGrowingGrads in the caption of your post
- Be entered in the drawing for a college-related giveaway
The College in Colorado website: www.collegeincolorado.org is also a helpful resource available to high school students and their families. It offers many helpful webinar classes. Topics include: exploring education pathways, choosing careers of interest, matching education programs to career choices, narrowing down schools, filing the FAFSA, and applying for college.
If you have questions related to applying to college or need help finding resources, please contact Brighton Youth Services at 303-655-2186.