- You may qualify for buyer programs that could make your down payment lower (or no down payment at all).
- Don’t assume that your mortgage payment will be a lot higher than your current rent.
- Put your money in your pocket! Home values in the Denver market have been increasing. They’re predicted to increase another 4%.
- Bidding wars aren’t what they used to be. A misconception is that the Denver market is so crazy that people are never going to be able to buy a home without overpaying for it. The market has shifted and it is becoming more of a buyer’s market.
- Loan pre-approval is best. A clean, well-written offer can beat a higher offer, especially if the buyer is pre-approved (as opposed to being pre-qualified).
- Set some extra cash aside when purchasing your home. You will need earnest money to put down when you put a contract on a home, you will need to pay for an inspection, an appraisal and possible closing costs.
- Work with a Realtor that is working for YOU. We are here to work for YOU and what YOU want.
- Start early. Think about where you want to live and how much you can pay. Once you know more of what you want, we can set up a search for you that includes the areas you are interested in at your price range and you can start your new home search!
You are invited to our First Time Buyer Class on Saturday, January 25th from 12-2pm at Creative U located at 43 N Main St, Brighton, CO 80601.
We would love to answer all of your questions about your home buying experience.
We would love to be your Real Estate Partner! -Dan and Beth Cochran