Posted by & filed under News from our Advertisers.

Offered by: Jennifer Bell – Bell Benefits, LLC

About to turn 65 or retire? If so, you’re probably like a lot of folks I’ve been talking to lately and wondering how to apply for Medicare.

The first option is through the online enrollment tool. You can do this at There is a link on the home page titled “Medicare Enrollment.” This will allow you to enroll in both Medicare Parts A & B at the same time or just Part A.

If you are about to retire and already have Medicare Part A, then you will have to fill out a paper application to add Part B.

Adding Part B: First, complete form CMS 40-B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare Part B. Second, complete form CMS L564, Request for Employment Information – this form is proof of employment coverage. CMS L564 helps you avoid a Part B late enrollment penalty. Both forms can be found easily in a Google search or on

Be sure to turn these forms in together to avoid any problems. Once complete, you can send them to your local Social Security office by mail or by fax to 1-833-914-2016. Keep copies.

Note: When completing CMS L564: (1) State on the form “I want Part B coverage to begin (MM/YY)” (2) If possible, your employer should complete Section B.

If your employer is unable to complete Section B, please complete that portion on behalf of your employer without your employer’s signature and submit one of the approved forms of secondary evidence. Please call me for that list.

As always, I’m available to answer questions.