Offered by Jan Hepp-Struck
During contract negotiations, or even worse, after the deal
closes, is NOT when you want to find out that you may have picked the wrong Broker. A Broker’s lack of expertise has the potential to cost you significant time and money, not to mention peace of mind.
Before you sign with anyone, it’s important to know whom you are entrusting to represent you in one of the biggest and more important decisions of your life. So take the extra steps to find the best Broker for you. If you don’t know any, be sure to ask friends and colleagues for recommendations.
Once you have your short list, the first thing you should do is check to make sure their license is current. The next step is getting and following up on references. Broker should be happy to provide references, and you can also “google” them to check for reviews. Unless you have personal experience with them, it’s always good to check some references/ testimonials to gain a better understanding of how they conduct business.
Here’s a list of suggested questions to ask in the event you have the opportunity:
- Did you have confidence in your Broker?
- Did they have good knowledge of the local market?
- Did they return calls/emails in a timely fashion, communicate well, and keep you informed throughout the entire transaction?
- Did they negotiate well on your behalf?
- Did they have good vendors who could assist you?
- Would you recommend them? Why or why not (depending upon their answer)?
For proven expertise in establishing your home value and/or searching for a new or existing home, please call Jan at (303) 520-4340.
Click here to view Hepp Realty on The Brighton Buzz Business Directory