Offered by: Family Eyecare of Brighton
Here in Colorado we enjoy over 300 days of sunshine per year. Most of us have a very clear understanding of the importance of protecting our skin at this altitude. Unfortunately, all too often we neglect two very important parts of our body which allow us to enjoy the beauty that surrounds us. That’s right, our eyes. Here are five very important reasons for proper sunglasses:.
- Skin Cancer: Up to 10% of all skin cancers are found on the eyelid.
- Cataracts: The World Health Organization reports, worldwide, approximately 900,000 people are blind because of cataracts- cloudiness in the lens of the eye-triggered by UV exposure.
- Macular Degeneration: Over time, UV light may play a role in damaging the macula lutea (an area of the eye with millions of light-sensing cells, which allow us to see fine details clearly), potentially leading to blurriness and vision loss.
- Pterygium: Abnormal growth of tissue which progresses from either side of the eye, possibly leading to inflammation, discomfort and blurry vision.
- Photokeratitis: Essentially a sunburn to the eye. It’s temporary but can be quite painful.
Stop by Family Eyecare of Brighton today to find out more about our Spring sunglass promotion!
Click here to view Family Eyecare of Brighton on The Brighton Buzz Business Directory